We need SRBX members to call their legislators, either where your business is located or where you do business.
Click here for the breakdowns of the estimate revenues by jurisdiction and by transit agency for the Sacramento region. There are other programs for highways and competitive grants that may benefit our region as well. Those are explained here in fact sheets provided from the California State Transportation Agency.
SRBX’s support letter is here.
The message can be very simple. Having businesses call and support SB 1 is important especially to the members from our region in order to meet a 2/3 margin.
Consider using the following talking points when you call:
- State your name, business and city (or where you do business in their district if you know).
- I strongly urge you to support Senate Bill 1 and the companion constitutional amendment (SCA 2 or ACA 12), – the transportation funding package put together by Governor Brown and legislative leadership.
- The roads in our community are crumbling and need repair.
- For too long, the legislature has neglected to increase transportation funding.
- Bad roads cost us all — motorists pay more than $700 a year in vehicle repairs because of the poor condition of our roads.
- Please support SB 1 and the constitutional amendment to fix our roads. This package will bring money to our district to fix our roads.
- In my community, in your district, SB 1 will provide us with critical resources for badly needed road repairs that we cannot fund out of our own general fund.
- SB 1 will also provide funding for local public transit projects.
- The longer we delay, the more we all pay.
- Thank you.
Sacramento Regional Legislators
|Assembly Member Brian Dahle||916/319-2001|
|Senator Ted Gaines||916/651-4001|
|Assembly Member James Gallagher||916/319-2003|
|Senator Bill Dodd||916/651-4003|
|Assembly Member Cecilia Aguiar-Curry||916/319-2004|
|Senator Jim Nielsen||916/651-4004|
|Assembly Member Frank E. Bigelow||916/319-2005|
|Senator Cathleen Galgiani||916/651-4005|
|Assembly Member Kevin Kiley||916/319-2006|
|Senator Richard Pan||916/651-4006|
|Assembly Member Kevin McCarty||916/319-2007|
|Assembly Member Ken Cooley||916/319-2008|
|Senator Tom Berryhill||916/651-4008|
|Assembly Member Jim Cooper||916/319-2009|
|Assembly Member Jim Frazier||916/319-2011|